FOOD & DRINK MAP
After decades working in food & farming we've built up a great network of local suppliers - fellow farmers, growers, butchers and bakers. Our Farm Shop now stocks goods from nearly 200 producers and what they all have in common is the outstanding quality of their produce.
As much as we'd like to, we simply can't grow, rear, bake and make everything we offer in the Farm Shop. Instead, we do the next best thing... If we don't produce it ourselves on the farm, we work with the most local supplier we possibly can, as long as they meet our own exacting standards!
This map shows where some of our local food and drink comes from and explains a little more about why we're so passionate about all things local!
Click on a marker to see the food miles & read more about the supplier. Visit Our Suppliers page to see the complete list of stockists to the Farm Shop.
We're unashamed about our obsession with how local our produce is. That's because the more local...
- The quicker it reaches our shelves, the fresher it is when you buy it, the tastier and more nutritious it is for you.
- The shorter the journey to us, the fewer the food miles, the less energy used and pollution produced, the greener the planet.
- The less storage, refrigeration, or preservation, the more natural and unadulterated the product - grown or made for flavour, not shelf-life.
- The more seasonal the produce - we eat what's growing here at it's best time of year, just as generations have done before us.
- The more we support the local folks here in the magnificent northwest of England!