FOOD & DRINK MAP
As much as we'd like to, we simply can't grow, rear, bake, and make everything we love to offer in the Farm Shop!
Instead, we do the next best thing... If we don't produce it ourselves on the farm, we work with the most local supplier we possibly can. As long as they meet our own exacting standards of course!
After decades working in food & farming we've built up a great network of local suppliers - fellow farmers, growers, butchers and bakers. The Farm Shop now stocks goods from nearly 200 producers, ranging from individual artisans all the way up to livestock farmers with 1000s of acres of pasture and even more animals! What they all have in common is the outstanding quality of their produce.
This map shows where some of our local food & drink comes from. Click on a marker to see the food miles and read more about the supplier. Visit Our Suppliers page to see the complete list of stockists (not just food & drink) to the Farm Shop.
We're unashamed about our obsession with how local our produce is - especially the food and drink. That's because the more local...
- The quicker it reaches our shelves, the fresher it is when you buy it, the tastier and more nutritious it is for you.
- The shorter the journey to us, the fewer the food miles, the less energy used and pollution produced, the greener the planet.
- The less need for storage, refrigeration, or preservation, the more natural and unadulterated the product - grown or made for flavour, not for shelf-life.
- The more seasonal the produce - we eat what's growing around us at it's best time of year, just as hundreds of generations have done before us.
- The more we support the local folks here in the magnificent northwest of England!